Who We Are
Information That We Collect
The British Charollais Sheep Society processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect from you is: -
• Name / Home Address / Personal Email / Business Email / Home Telephone Number / Work Telephone Number / Mobile Telephone Number / Animal ID (pedigree ear tag or flock book number) / Performance information for animals, including genotypes
We collect information in the following ways: -
Directly collected online
1. Information that you provide by filling in electronic forms on our website.
2. Information sent via email, including email address.
3. Bulk electronic upload of animal data linked to animal ID.
Indirectly collected online
• Derived information from combining other data sets, such as when genetic improvement services are performed e.g. from an animal that is linked to animal ID.
• Inferred information from the use of algorithms that analyse a variety of sheep related data that is linked to animal ID.
• Information that you submit on paper to the British Charollais Society Office.
• Information that you provide at promotional events including shows and sales.
• Information that you provide in letter form. If you provide us with personal data relating to your flock and the flock is jointly owned, then you warrant that you have obtained the express consent from all other parties for the disclosure and use of their personal data
How We Use Your Personal Data
The British Charollais Sheep Society takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
We collect and store your personal data for the performance of a contract to provide a service, for legitimate interests or for employment reasons.
Specifically, this includes:
• Delivering membership services including the production of animal pedigrees / Membership and wider Industry communications and updates / Fulfilling our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes / Delivery of genetic improvement services / Marketing purposes by the Society and selected partners / Recruitment of members of staff and contractors.
Cookies can be restricted or blocked through your browser settings. Information on how to do this may be found in your browser’s Help section. Außerdem, the website www.aboutcookies.org contains detailed information on how to manage cookie settings for a wide variety of browsers. It also provides details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For mobile phone browsers and tablets you may need to refer to your handset manual. You should bear in mind that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the websites you visit.
You have the right to access any personal information that The British Charollais Sheep Society processes about you and to request information about: -
• If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
• You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us.
• If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we will ask you to verify your identity and to confirm that you are authorised to make this request on behalf of the flock (where jointly owned) before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
• Preventing the use or processing of your personal data may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. It may also mean that we shall be unable to provide our services or process the cancellation of your service.
To access your data – complete this Access form and send to the British Charollais Sheep Society with two forms of ID (Passport / driver’s licence / utility bill (must be within the last 3 months) / rent book (must be within the last three months)
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. The British Charollais Sheep Society uses carefully selected third-parties to provide key services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Other third parties
We may pass your personal data to other third parties for the provision of services on our behalf (for example other research and development partners to enable academic research to support our breed development plan). Jedoch, we will only ever share information about you that is necessary to provide this service (for example animal ID information) and we will have specific contracts in place, which ensure your personal data is secure and will not be used for any marketing purposes.
The British Charollais Sheep Society takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and we follow accepted Industry best practice to store and protect the personal data we collect, including the use of physical security, passwords and encryption if appropriate.
All information you provide to us is stored on secured servers within the EEA. From time to time, your information may be transferred to and stored in a country outside the EEA in relation to the provision of the services. The laws in these countries may not provide you with the same protection as in the EEA; however, any third party used outside of the EEA have agreed to abide by a recognised data protocol (e.g. the EU-US Privacy Shield) in respect of the transfer, processing and storage of any personal data. By providing your data to us, you agree to this transfer and storage. Jedoch, we will ensure that reasonable steps are taken to protect your data in accordance with this privacy notice.
As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have been given a password in regard to you use of Grassroots. It is your responsibility to keep the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to The British Charollais Sheep Society, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services and for our legitimate interests, we will not be able to offer some or any of our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
The British Charollais Sheep Society only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 Jahre. Where animal specific pedigree and performance data is concerned this is retained because it is needed for legitimate interests to inform future pedigree and evaluation services.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Lodging A Complaint
The British Charollais Sheep Society only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data please contact.
Chief Executive Officer, Die britische Charollais Sheep Society, Youngmans Straße, Wymondham NR18 0RR